Sunday, December 14, 2014

Debra's Take

Hi there!  I am Debra and my first experience with wine tasting was at the Biltmore Estate about 21 years ago.  At the time I thought it was pretty cool but I had no idea what this would turn into.  I am not a wine connoisseur. I just like, what I like and weirdly that can change from one day to the next.  Maybe even one minute to the next.  If you want to read about the character of wine, food pairings etc. don't read this blog.  If you want to know what NC winery has cool people, funny stories, fantastic views and memorable happenings, this is just for you. 
 
This really is an obsession.  Not mine, but my hubby Murray and his buddy Rob started all this.  They determined that visiting every winery in the state of North Carolina was an all important, life changing mission.  Who wouldn't want over 100 monogrammed wine glasses?  As a matter of fact, I am sure friends have whispered behind our backs, those people are crazy…  After a few months of starting the winery trek we brought in our great friend Cindy and more recently we are indoctrinating Rob's girlfriend Brenda.
 

I am going to start with some stories from the past and believe me, I have some pretty good ones but the trek will never be over.  New wineries are opening up every day making Murray and Rob ragged keeping the all important "spreadsheet" up to date (more later). I will do my best to be accurate but please don't hold it against me if I mess up a name or miss-spell a wine.  After all things can get a little fuzzy after the 4th or 5th winery.  I also have to give you a heads up that we don't love Muscadine wine but I will do my best to give you an impartial view.  The wine is only part of the experience.  Hey, I warned you that I'm not a wine connoisseur

No comments: