Tuesday, September 2, 2014

The Adventure Begins!

I suppose the best place to start is the beginning.  My name is Murray Catton and along with my wife Debra and Rob Nixon embarked on a quest to visit all the wineries in the State of North Carolina.  Alon
g the way, we picked up Cindy Thomas and Brenda Brawn who have become as dedicated to the challenge as we have.

My wife and I visited a few wineries early in the 2000's and as one can imagine we were "Sunday Driving" along the Blue Ridge Parkway and discovered Chateau Morrisette.  We decided I guess that this was fun and a nice respite on a beautiful afternoon to stop and enjoy the scenery and take in a little libation.  We told some friends how nice it was there and a group of us went back and went to dinner there.  The restaurant was great but just a little too far for a nice evening out as we live in the Triad area of the Piedmont.

We should have started this 5 years ago but I suppose at the time, we never knew what would become our passion.












No comments: